Monday, July 7, 2008

Hey! Friends. Long time no see

A telephone call from an old friend.

John: Hey, Mr. Mark how are you? Didn't see you for very long time. uh! This is John speaking.

Mark: Hi John. I am fine. Where are you now? and what you doing?

John: I am in Singapore now. I am doing my own business and travel a lot.

Mark: Oh! Very good. You must be doing very well.

John: Yes! Yes! Yes! What are you doing now Mark?

Mark: I worked for this XXXX... company loh.

John: As what?

Mark: Aiyah! small fry here only lah.

John: I have a good business opportunity for you. Would you be interested?

Mark: What is that?

John: Don't be "kanchiong" (excited). I will tell you when I meet you.Do you know who is John?

Heee!
Heee!
Heee!

Some of you may be familiar with this kind of telephone calls that you have received from your old friends or classmates or schoolmates whom you have lost contact. Very familiar indeed uhh. And I can guarantee you that Mr. John is a MLM man( a direct seller). Is Mr. John offering you a genuine business opportunity? It can be Yes and NO. Before taking up the offer, it will be wise for any prospect (MLM terminology for potential recruit) to understand what he or she is going into.

MLM comes in many forms (they called it system) . Some of them are pyramidal. Others are binary, multi-level, single level, money game, get-rich-quick, virtual investment, art collection etc.

All of them promised you 1) Own boss 2) Financial Freedom 3) Passive Income 4) Earn "big money " 5) Unique quality products/services. Myths or Realities? Find out.

No comments: